MAHONING MEMORIES & NOSTALGIA – This local postcard depicts Stone’s Restaurant, which was located on the southeast corner of West Federal and S.Hazel streets. The canceled postcard from Aug. 11, 1957 reads: “Stone’s Restaurant, in the center of Youngstown, Ohio, has been serving fine cuisine for more than 20 years. Private Dining Rooms and Bar available for Parties, Meetings, etc. Phone RI-7-6435 – Free Parking for customers 400 feet South. Enter lot on Boardman St.” The building, which still stands, houses First Educators Investment Corp.
© 2014 Metro Monthly. All rights reserved.