Under this new agreement, PNC provides student and workplace banking, as well as financial education programs for the university’s more than 15,000 students, faculty and staff members for 10 years.
Youngstown State University requires a banking service provider to support its daily business operations to treasury management and retail-university banking services. PNC Bank was selected by the university as the provider of banking services whose proposal represented the best overall value.
“YSU is committed to ensuring that our students receive the highest quality education, graduate on time and with little or no debt,” YSU President Jim Tressel said. “Financial education is crucial to meeting those goals. We believe this new relationship with PNC allows our students to make smart and responsible banking decisions that lead to their success.”
A PNC-operated ATM is scheduled to open soon in a yet-to-be-announced location in Kilcawley Center, but the former Home Savings and Loan branch and ATM, located on the first floor of Kilcawley, will remain closed. However, a Home Savings ATM, located in the lobby of the Kilcawley House residence hall, will remain.
Highlights of the agreement include:
• Two ATMs, with a newly installed cash dispenser in Meshel Hall. A DepositEasySM ATM – which allows students, faculty and staff to withdraw cash in increments as small as $1 bills, cash checks, and deposit checks or cash directly into their account – will be installed in Kilcawley Student Center in the coming weeks.
• A co-branded Visa debit card which highlights an iconic image of the university
• Virtual Wallet® Student accounts for Youngstown State students. The account is equipped with technology to help students monitor spending and view account balances. It also is equipped to help safeguard customers from financial mistakes and unnecessary fees.
• A co-branded website, hosted by PNC, where students can complete account applications, manage their finances and find financial and educational information PNC Bank to Provide Banking Services to Youngstown State University
• PNC’s participation in on-campus employment events for students
• On-site workshops on personal financial management and financial education. Topics include basic banking, credit management, savings and investing, identity protection and home buying.
“Youngstown State University and PNC recognize that smart consumers are essential to a functioning economy,” said Ted Schmidt, regional president, PNC Bank, Youngstown. “This relationship provides on-campus financial education that will help prepare students to make smart and responsible banking choices with the tools and guidance that only PNC can provide.”
© 2016 Metro Monthly. All rights reserved.