Boardman Township Park will continue its summer “Music in the Park Concert Series” at Maag Outdoor Theatre in July and August. The lineup includes local musical entertainment and three military bands. All concerts, except for the United States Army Field Band concert on July 5, begin at 7 p.m. Concerts are free. The public is invited to bring blankets and lawn chairs. This year’s sponsors include the American Federation of Musicians Local #86-242; Phantom Fireworks; Aqua Inc.; Boardman Subaru; Southwoods Health; Hill, Barth and King; The DeBartolo Corporation; and Great Garage Doors.
• The Wright Brass Air Force Band of Flight – 7 p.m., Saturday, July 2.
• United States Army Field Band (fireworks) – 8 p.m., Tuesday, July 5.
• Steve Fazzini – 7 p.m., Thursday, July 7. Sinatra, big band and standards.
• Youngstown Area Community Concert Band – 7 p.m., Thursday, July 14.
• Chardon Polka Band – 7 p.m., Thursday, July 21. Polka variety.
• John Reese Project – 7 p.m., Thursday, July 28. Jazz.
• Boardman High School Jazz Ensemble – 7 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 4. Jazz.
• Guys Without Ties – 7 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 11. Oldies and pop music.
• The Del Sinchak Band – 7 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 18. Polka variety.
• The Rocco Monaco Band – 7 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 25. Italian favorites.
For more information on the concert series or other Boardman Park events, visit http://www.boardmanpark.com or call 330-726-8105.
© 2016 Metro Monthly. All rights reserved.